5 Things Successful Women Are Doing in 2018
This might not be the case for everyone, but at 34STYLE we actually love the New Year. There are no January blues here. Why? Well for one, it means a clean slate. A time to believe and dream of all things you want to go for again. It also presents a real opportunity to sort out what we may have done wrong in 2017!! Put all these great reasons why together, and the clarity of purpose that comes along in the New Year is amazing. Here are seven things all successful women will be doing at the moment to help inspire.
- Identify The Big Goals You don’t have to have goals for everything – this is just unrealistic. Rather than thinking, okay I need a goal for relationships, money, career, family, etc; instead, focus on whatever areas you feel most compelled to change or improve. Be specific. The idea is to action all these goals so you get there faster. If you’re not sure what your goals are for 2018, consider creating a mood board. Make sure at least one of the big-ticket items on this list is something that scares you a little, then if you accomplish little else in 2018, doing this one thing will make you feel like the year really mattered and you did good!! When you have all your goals, pop them into a calendar so you can keep track – just try not to overwhelm otherwise you won’t do them. They have to be accountable appointments with yourself.
- Create a Networking List Whether you’re interested in meeting new people in your current industry, or you may want to start pursuing a different career path – whatever the reason may be, investing in your network is critical. Make a plan to meet with a certain number of people each month of the year who may help, advise or inspire you along the way. It helps to set reminders each month to schedule the following month’s touch bases.
- Wake Up One Hour Earlier Than You Do Now For whatever reason, many of us like to set ourselves big, hard changes, not achievable challenges every year. Not starting in say March or October, but just January. There really is something about a New Year that compels us to do this! Research has shown that getting up earlier really helps (okay maybe not 5am), to set the tone for the rest of the year. Then, use that newly found bonus hour toward your goals, to work out or even just to meditate. It may not stick throughout the entire year so don’t beat yourself up, but you may be surprised how much better the extra hour makes you feel and wonder how you even managed before without it.
- Consider What Didn’t Work in 2017 Insanity by definition is repeating the same behavior and expecting different results. We think it’s a good idea therefore to have a think about what didn’t work out for you in 2017 and avoid it like the plague in 2018. Can you see an unhealthy pattern in your dating life? Resolve to change it. Did a friendship cause you headaches? Just remove. Did you complain about your job alllll the time? Find a new one. Even by looking at smaller things, like a resolution to go to the gym every day that didn’t work out, are worth evaluating.
- Picture One Person You Want to Prove Yourself to It can be difficult sometimes to motivate ourselves to go above and beyond our mandatory workload to achieve our bigger goals. This is why it can be helpful, to identify someone you may feel (justly or not) doesn’t believe in you. Having this person in mind will be helpful on days you don’t feel like motivating yourself. Add a bit fuel to your fire and prove them wrong!!